Tryvann – Shaken, but not Stirred – 007

I woke up this morning at 7:30, after a night with just a few hours of sleep.
No reason, just wasnt able to fall asleep when i wanted to (not until 3:30 am).

I prepared myself for a day out in the sun and snow, dressing up in winter gear took my board under my arm and got the train to the city centre where I met up with Daniel and Sven before we took the metro to Majorstua where we met Gabriel.

Off to Tryvann we went.

It was a particularly lovely day and lots of people headed the same way as us. The winter holidays started yesterday as well – hence lots of tourists and other locals, had also decided to spend the day in the slopes with us.

I got myself a polar buff  cause I had left my scarf at home (it was a bit early when I left my place) and Daniel and Sven headed for the childrens slope and Gabriel and I went to the green slope. I am not very advanced yet, but the childrens slopes are not for me any longer.

More colleagues of Daniel and Gabriel joined us throughout the day and in the end we became a big group. We all had lunch at Tryvannsstua. Yummy wafles and hot chocolate.

After lunch I became a bit braver and that may not have been a good idea. Agent 007 Marianne fell (I must admit – I generally fell quite few times compared to the first day I snowboarded) right on my back and hit my head on the snow. Woooo… Swiiing :D Yeah.. I ended up shaken, but not stirred – just like Agent Bond likes his Martinis prepared. I immediately became somewhat dizzy and nauxeous, but it half passed quite quick. I had some minor issues with concentration, but that helped me go a lot slower, so in the end it was probably for the best. However as the day passed on … i was quite certain I had gotten a concussion again. I say again because I have had quite a few of them, both minor and grave ones, hence it is very easy for me to get a minor one where others would get nothing at all.

Apart from that minor injury, we had a fantastic day and the weather was great, the snow was great and the nature was beautiful ! It was a lovely day!

We spent 7 hours in the slopes. We even tried the blue slope  (more advanced than the green) and that was scary, but quite fun as well.

When we were done, we all headed down to Majorstua for After-Ski at Gamle Major Pub. That was really nice. After the After-Ski we went to have dinner in Grønland. It was a lovely day !!

I went home, kicked off my clothes and went to bed, exhausted after 7 hours of working out …


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s