Back in Houston

Melanie picked me up at the airport with a huge smile and that good southern accent welcoming me to Houston and Texas. From there on it was like we had never been apart and we spent the rest of the night having fun and enjoying finally being abe to spend time together again.

Our first stop back home from the airport was Chipotle for dinner. They have the best burritos and real black beans. I have missed it so much I was no longer able to wait until arriving Costa Rica!

However we just picked up our meals and then we went to the University and the Uni Bar Valhalla to meet up with a friend of Melanies and have a few beers. I was sooo hungry by now. I had not had anything to eat since the Sushi at Newark Liberty and that was almost 6 hours ago! We had a nice time at Valhalla drinking and dining and having fun with Mels friends. At 11 pm we decided we had had enough social life. I was still going strong despite the jetlag, but that was probably more due to sleeping both at the Oslo – New York flight and the nap on the Newark – Houston Flight, however I was starting to feel it and going home was not such a bad idea.

My deepest wish was to capture the Houston Skyline by night so Mel took me to a viewpoint downtown and there we spent some time trying out different settings before I finally was happy about the result.

When we got home the first thing we did was to greet a very attention seeking pet in the form of Katie, the dog. She was soooo cute and welcoming! A really beautiful dog!

Then it was Christmas eve 2. I had a ton of packages waiting for me. Since late november I have been ordering things that I wanted to pick up from US during this trip, but knew I would not have time to pick up in person at a store due to my waaaay too short visit and I had lots of boxes and envelopes waiting for me ! A few items had not arrived yet, but Mel said she had a few packages waiting for her at the post office as well and that we would go pick them up in the morning.

And then it was time to go to sleep. I think I fell asleep almost immediately. Head touching pillow. I woke up around 5 am (midday back home), but soon fell back into sleep and woke up at a more decent time around 7:30 am.

At first I enjoyed just the relaxing quiet of the morning and then it was time to start repacking the luggage to fit the new stuff inside and take the stuff that I was leaving behind in Houston out. Melanie woke up around 9 ish and got our showers and prepared for leaving to the post office while coordinating to meet up with Lisa. At the post office the rest of my stuff was waiting for me with the exception of 1 little thing that we by this time must assume that has gotten lost in the mail.

It was such a beautiful day outside and already at 10am temperatures were up to 20 C. Early spring days for Houston and far warmer than what they had predicted.

Lisa arrived soon thereafter and we decided to go to the Cheesecake factory down by Galleria for lunch. Ashish, Melanies roommate, also joined us and we had a great time.

Ashish and Lisa

Melanie and Me

We even came up with this awesome business idea. The best app ever. The “Find your Sugardaddy app”. Our app would also have an “I need a Sugardaddy escorte for the night” section to it and we totally planned a few other. but more secret, services to our app. :) I think this app would totally rock. Nothing ethical about it though. We laughed and joked and had a great time. It felt so awesome to be back together again (although we missed Andrea who is in Barcelona now) and could nothing but agree that we had far too little time to spend together.

I had Asian carmelized chickcen and White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake for dessert. Yummy, but ohhhh so satisfying. So delicious and tasty!

Once Lunch was done we went to the Houston Galleria to do some shopping at Hot Topic, Torrids and Bath & Bodyworks.

However distances were far and there were many distractions before we found Hot Topic. I picked up the items I had wanted to look at before I found a beautiful dress at Torrids and suddenly it was 3 pm. 3 Pm was a critical point because it was the time I SHOULD HAVE BEEN at the airport and from there on we had to rush.

Thankfully Melanie lives only 10 minutes away from Galleria and we got home in a very short time and picked up my luggage and dropped Lisa off before we sped to the airport ! Speeding was the right word, however Melanie is a good driver (I would not have dared driving this fast in such a traffic) and with punk rock music streaming from the radio we rid ourselves from the feeling of stress and rocked on in good spirit. Nirvanas Feels like Teen Spirit played all the way to the drop off point and there Melanie and I split and I rushed to the check-in counters.

Thankfully the lines were very short and I was through check-in and security in just 15 minutes. meaning I was still there in quite good time prior to my departure. I even had time to search for a perfume I had been asked to pick up for my host sister in Costa Rica, but unfortunately neither in New York nor here in Houston did they have the one she had requested :( Not much to do about that though. I still have the possibility to search for it arriving Liberia (If they have a tax free store at the airport there).

Its time to board nowand Im incredibly exited to see my family and my friends in CR again! Until soon.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s